professional developmentThis package contains the key concepts needed to succeed in the professional world. The aim is to bridge the gap between the academic and the business world, preparing the participant to excel in their working lives. Ideal for all levels. Preparing the leaders of tomorrow. See list of modules below.
Time Management & Team Work
Learn how to manage your time efficiently and work in a team effectively.
- The importance of time
- How to manage time effectively
- A look at time management strategies
- Time management tools
- How to manage the time of your employees
- Why is working in a team so important?
- Challenges of working in a team
- Tuckman’s 5 stages of team development
- Belbin’s team roles
Learn how to make effective decisions in difficult situations.
- Data analysis
- Identifying reason(s) for trends
- Predicting potential impact(s) of trends
- What language to use
- Decision Making
- A look a some decision making theories
- 7 steps to effective decision making
- Using graphs to make decisions
Learn how to market yourself using social media and enhance your career prospects.
- marketing & branding
- personal branding
- what do you stand for?
- discover yourself
- write the perfect cv / resume
- write the perfect cover letter
- video cv
- social media to enhance your career
- how to land your dream job
- job interviews
Learn how to manage conflict at the workplace and deal with problems professionally.
- What is conflict?
- Explore the concept of conflict and examples of how conflict can arise
- Symptoms of conflict in the workplace
- Cultural factors affecting conflict
- Understanding of ones own cultural preferences and how this may impact achieving goals without undermining others
- Causes of conflict
- Dealing with difficult people
- Conflict resolution
- Developing greater self-knowledge and awareness in terms of moving towards conflict resolution and how to enhance one’s own effectiveness
- Cultural orientation
- Ethical dilemmas
Learn the essentials of Microsoft Office including graph building on Excel.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Business & Email Etiquette
Learn how to communicate and behave in the workplace including writing emails.
- Workplace behaviour
- Workplace culture
- The senior and the peer
- The communication process
- Workplace communication & its channels
- Written business communication & its types
- Business emails
- Formal & semi-formal emails
- Other: memos, agendas, minutes
Learn how to motivate yourself and others by applying proven methods.
- the pursuit of happiness: positive psychology
- a look at some motivational theories
- Hertzberg’s Two-Factor Theory
- Hawthorne Effect
- practical application of theories in the workplace
- how to motivate a poor performing team
- can money make you happy?
Learn how to negotiate like an expert in different situations for yourself and your team.
- Negotiation – definition
- Why negotiate?
- The different negotiation scenarios
- Negotiation vs persuasion
- Negotiating strategies
- Negotiation styles / outcomes
- Negotiation process
Learn how to lead and manage a group of people effectively.
- Leadership theories
- Trait theories
- Behavioural theories
- Contingency theories
- Power and influence theories
- Leadership styles
- A look at some great leaders
- Case studies
Are you a business owner?
Your employees are your greatest asset, so, investing in them will be the greatest investment you make. Do not neglect employee professional development. They can either make or break your business.
Benefits of employee professional development:
- Attract & Retain talented employees
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the team & promote from within
- Keep employees engaged at work
- Save time and money and increase profitability
- Prepare for the future by having a continous plan in place